What We Do
Established in 1982, the Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians- Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians (WAFP), a statewide association of 2,900 family physicians. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the WAFP- Foundation (WAFP-F) is governed by a nine-member board of directors.
The mission of the Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians- Foundation is to enhance the quality of family health care in Wisconsin through funding appropriate education, research, and philanthropic projects of the Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians by providing significant support and stewardship of funds.
The WAFP-Foundation is dedicated to enhancing the quality of family health care in Wisconsin. We encourage pre-medical and medical students to pursue family medicine, support family medicine students in their education, and raise funds to support WAFP-sponsored education and research projects. We are dedicated to increasing family physician satisfaction, promoting the communal value of family medicine, and bringing attention to disparities in health care by focusing on the passions of family physicians across the state.
- Send a Student to National Conference – This initiative's goal is to grow and develop medical student interest in family medicine by engaging students in pre and post-conference WAFP activities, as well as provide funds for travel, registration, and expenses to attend the National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students. All this in an effort to support Academy Workforce Development goals. Learn more
- Stethoscopes for Residents – This initiative's goal is to give away at least one stethoscope to a resident at each of WI's 16 Family Medicine Residency Programs during an annual visit to the Program. These visits will include a presentation by WAFP leaders on a topic of the Program's choosing that includes a brief discussion about the benefits of membership as both a resident and an active practicing physician.
- Future of Family Medicine Endowment Fund – The Foundation's endowment fund is to grow and be used to provide ongoing support for its initiatives in the future. Since an endowment is a gift in perpetuity, it is designed to be large enough to allow the interest gained on investments to be used for expenditures of special projects while the principal remains untouched (and growing) as additional gifts are received. 100% of endowment donations go directly to the fund -- only investment income is used annually for projects supported by the Foundation on an as-needed basis.
The Foundation's goals are:
- Support ongoing WAFP/WAFP-F Programs
- Support Leadership Development
- Promote and Create Awareness of the WAP-F
For more information on the Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians- Foundation, please contact:
Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians- Foundation
210 Green Bay Road, Thiensville, WI 53092
(262) 512- 0606
Please consider supporting the WAFP-Foundation. We appreciate your generosity and are committed to advancing the practice of family medicine in Wisconsin.
The WAFP-Foundation is a 501(c)(3) recognized charity and your donation is tax-deductible as allowable by the IRS.